Great news everyone! Today, the freight shipped and is now en route to Vancouver, Canada.
Thank you to everyone on Kickstarter and Indiegogo for supporting this project and bringing this yearly flip calendar to life. I can’t wait to share this beautiful collaboration of art and science with the world.
Here are the next steps and our current timeline:
- The container ship has to sail from Ningbo, China to Vancouver, Canada (roughly 21 days). The entire order weighs 357kgs (787 lbs). That’s a lot of calendars!
- Canadian Customs clearance. This could take anywhere between 2-14 days.
- Shipping from Vancouver to Kelowna. This will take roughly 2-6 business days depending on the weather. For those of you elsewhere in the world, this is roughly a 4-hour drive through the Canadian mountains where the peak elevation is 1,244 m (4,081 ft). If you are curious as to what this looks like, check out this highway cam. Fun fact, this highway has a TV show about it.
- Boxing up all of your orders and shipping them to you. I’ve enlisted a small team to help me and this should take less than a week.
I am so grateful for everyone’s patience, and I am thankful for everyone’s support. You are all amazing!
Want an actionable happiness tip to improve your day?
Do an act of kindness!
Can’t think of something? Here are some ideas: pay for the coffee for the person in line behind you, drop off a treat for one of your friends, donate to a charity, pick up litter in your area, write an online review for a local small business that you love, etc.
If you feel drained or if you feel like you have been giving more than receiving, do something kind for yourself instead. You matter and you deserve it.
You can read about acts of kindness a little more in-depth here.
Want to learn about happiness while waiting for A Happier Year?
- If you haven’t already done so, you can download A Happier Week.
- Listen to my podcast, Happycast: The Science of Happiness. I’m currently researching and writing an episode about balance.
If you have any questions, contact me here!